For this post, I would like to discuss the odd symptoms and oddities associated with CRPS or medications.
I know I have some strange things going on, although they are normal for CRPS patients, it’s still strange as all heck. I really would like comments on this one, feel free below to leave a message, if not that’s cool too.
- Spasms- I have had them for some time on and off, but the past few weeks, today is 4/14/17, have been really bad. They are almost non-stop, jerking me all over the place. They may be just small twitches of full body spasms. They are not just in my affected left foot and leg, but all over. It makes typing fairly difficult, my hnads just type what they want sometimes. I am leaving the spelling of hands in the previous sentence like it is to showcase a spasm. Not messing aroung, a spasm did that. There is another one, ‘around’. But seriously, they get so annoying sometimes, and I just get overwhelmed and freaked out by it. Is this my life?
- Sitting or standing in one position- This isn’t so much as symptoms as much as they are just weird. Sitting or standing suck for more that 10 or 15 minutes at a time. I have to lie down or move into other positions. I went to my niece’s dance performance and I sat for 2 hours, I thought I was going to die. Not only does being in one position aggravate the pain, but then I start feeling anxious and I need my own space. There are too many people, I need to get air. I hate it.
- Sound- During the dance performance, the loud music was too much too handle. We left the dance performance and went out to dinner, sat in the bar area, with tv’s on, loud people and crowded. I thought I was going to lose it. Keeping a brave, happy face on is next to impossible, but I just want it to be normal for me and my family. The sound from the entire room just resonates through my body, I can ‘feel’ every sound, it’s like…I don’t know how to describe it, it just doesn’t feel good. Any loud sounds, I cannot deal.
- Water- Taking a shower is miserable! The water is always too hot or too cold, I can never find a good temperature for my foot and leg, I have to stick it away from the water spray. If my leg gets hit by the water, it’s like 1000’s of needles shooting at me…that’s the best I can describe it.
- Getting comfortable while sleeping- I CANNOT GET COMFORTABLE when sleeping. My leg needs to be under covers, then out of covers, then under covers, etc. I feel like that is all I do until I pass out from exhaustion. There is just no relief from this.
- Forgetting where I am- There have been a few times that I have been in an area I am familiar with, but I don’t recognize where I am for 5 or so minutes. It’s horrifying.
- Not sure, I will add more as I remember things. I have to stop typing right now, sorry.
8. Dry mouth. A helpful hint, every time you have a glass of water, drink two glasses instead of one.
9. Blurred vision. I have seen an eye doctor also, we are not sure what causes it.
10. Headaches. Might be crutch use that causes this.